Monday, May 11, 2009

sadness

Today was the day... Mike got home from work to find Dave not feeling well. When I got home shortly after, we decided it was time. I'm pretty confident that he didn't suffer, and that his last days weren't painful. We gave him a good life with lots of love, and already miss him more than I can imagine.

Since the last post, Dave had good days, and while he seemed a little more tired, he was eating normally and active - playing with his toys and being himself. Even today, he greeted Mike at the door, and gave me a couple of licks while we were saying goodbye.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Dave was so lucky to have you guys, you took amazing care of him.

dancinchic said...

Dave was a great dog. I'll miss him.

Christen said...

Oh, Abbie! I am so sorry! I miss Dave already! He was the absolute best!

Anonymous said...

my heart goes out to you both. he was a really cool guy. always fun on woodcrest when he was visiting. my boogie.
i'm so proud of you and michael..you gave it your very best loving shot.

XX OO mom